Black Belt Cadre 2015-10-01
Thursdays, 8:30-10:00pm (EST)
GoToMeeting Link and class call-in number: LINK DISABLED AS OF 2016-04-15
Webex:The link to all of our Virtual classes will be the same, and is provided below:
Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (571) 317-3112 Access Code: 355-697-517
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting Meeting ID: 355-697-517
Black Belt Class Recordings:
2015-09-24: Black Belt "Soft Start" Class
2015-10-01: Black Belt 01: LSS Overview
2015-10-08:Black Belt 03: Charters
2015-10-22:Black Belt 06: Value Stream Mapping
2015-10-29: Black Belt 07: Measures and Metrics
2015-11-05: Black Belt 08:Lean Metrics and Data Types
2015-12-03: Black Belt 10: Hypothesis Testing - part 1
2015-12-13/14: Practicum at Hilton Garden Inn. Click for Details!
2015-12-24: Christmas Eve; no class
2015-12-31: New Year's Eve; no class
2016-01-07: Lesson 17-18: Failure Modes & Effects Analysis
2015-01-14: Lesson 19:Control Systems
2015-01-21: Lesson 22: BB Exam Review
2016-02-11: Lesson 23: BB Exam 2.0
Due on or before 2015-10-08 LINKS DISABLED AS OF 2016-01-01
- Complete enrollment in BB program (link here) Use Promo Code "Bon-Tech"
- Complete payment for BB program (link here)
- If you missed last week's class, watch class (see video link and slides, above)
- Complete "knowledge baseline" pre-test (link here)
Due on or before 2015-10-15
- Draft a Charter using the template and Buzz Lightyear scenario
- Send your Charter to all 3 instructors
- A brief video on LSS history will be uploaded for review (link will be here)
- If you have not done so already, complete week 1 homework, above.
Due on or before 2015-10-22
- Practicum: Consider at least one potential project that needs to be done, or that you have been tasked to do at work. Complete a Project Charter and SIPOC / SIPOOC for this project as if it really were your assigned Black Belt project. Consider everything we have covered, including problem statement, goal statement, scope (in and out of scope for process steps, geography, products, etc.), business case (remember internal and external customer WIIFM as well as possible Stakeholders), project time-line, resources, etc.
- If you have not already done so, ensure that all homework from Week 1 is complete and submitted. This is time-sensitive and MUST be complete! This is a good time for Week 2 catch-up as well.
- Check your calendars for the weekend of 12-13Dec2015. This is the weekend of our Practicum / off-site in Washington, D.C.. If you live within driving distance of D.C., you are expected to participate. If you need to fly to participate, please contact your instructors to discuss options.
Due on or before 2015-10-29
- Use your Team Training Kaizen (Dr. Buzz Lightyear exercise)
1.Determine boundaries (beginning / ending)
2.List process steps (use verbs)
3.Sequence steps (Post-It Notes)
4.Use appropriate symbols if necessary (decisions)
5.Show information flows
6.Use paper on the wall with sticky notes for your process steps mapping
Due by 2015-12-13 Practicum
- All previous assignments not yet completed
- Hypothesis testing workbook exercises; work at least one example problem for each of the first four Hypothesis Testing decision trees (continuous data). Additional practice of decision trees 5-6 (binomial and Poisson/count data) strongly encouraged, but not required.
Slides for each class
Reference documents tied to each lesson
Reference documents for the Buzz Lightyear Class Exercise
Additional training videos you may find useful: